Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Newest Start


I finally dug out the cross-stitch kit I want to complete for my mother-in-law's christmas present this coming holiday season.  Holy Cow!  It's a 12 x 16 project, which is a little larger than I usually pick out.  I am feeling a little scared of the thing at the onset.  I looked at the chart and it's a solid 12 x 16.  That means that every bit of it has a stitch on it.  Not one single square of it is blank!  If I calculated it correctly, it's got 49,152 stitches to it.  I am already feeling pressure!  I figured it will take me approximately 6 months to complete.  I sat and stitched for a little less than an hour and this is where I got to...
Image
As you can tell, it's like a drop in the ocean!  Let's hope I can complete this before christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment